Pages

Thursday 15 July 2010

Friday 5 - Music to Kill Dragons To

Verde Werdy over on his roguey blog did a cute little thing this week on his top songs to kill dragons to. I've totally ripped of his idea.

Here's my top 5, in a classic DJ stylee.

In at number 5 it's

Foo Fighters - In Your Honour

Holding at number 4 it's

Leftfield with Phat Planet

Sliding into number 3 screaming at the top of it's lungs is

The Prodigy - Breathe With Me

And knocked off the top spot this week after 3 months at number 1 it's

Rage Against the Machine with Killing in the Name Of


And this week, hooting and a'hollering into the top spot with a bottle of Jack in one hand and a stash of dope up it's sleeve is

Underworld - Born Slippy


I love the beats and the build in these tracks, like a Dragon fight they work themselves up in a frenzy to reach that geekgasm when the Dragon gasps it last breath and we all get the achievement whoosh. Good Times.

7 comments:

  1. I love the fact that you used the term "geekgasm" honestly. And "Killing in the Name Of" should still be number one.. Such a great anger song. Most things by System of a Down or Pantera would suffice just as well.

    of course.. Foo Fighters are an instant win as well. Very good list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Achloryn - What's your top five hon?

    @Verde - Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Besides, it's too good an idea not to share. You should pimp it out to all the WoW Bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alrighty i'll do my Internet Dragon Killing soundtrack here as well.

    5: Kasabian

    4: Placebo

    3: Sepultura

    2: Miss Kittin

    1: Prodigy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kasabian>>> either Fire or Underdog

    Placebo>>> The bitter end

    Sepultura>>> ROOOOOOTS

    Miss Kittin>>> Live at Sonar the whole album is amazing

    Prodigy>>> Smack my bitch up RAWR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hrmm. my post got eaten. anyway.
    My top 5 in no particular order:
    Pantera - "Cowboys From Hell"
    Foo Fighters - Well... anything by them, really.
    Godsmack - "Whatever" or "Voodoo"
    System of a Down - Anything from the "Toxicity" album
    The Offspring - Anything from "Americana" and prior.

    Yeah yeah, I know that I picked whole albums instead of individual songs.. but I can DO THAT dangit. Also, props to Steven C for mentioning "Smack My Bitch Up", because that song is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean or face my army.