Pages

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Death Knight Talents in Cataclysm

So ... the 31 point talents dropped. I'd been hoping to be in the Beta to look at these myself but I've not been able to get there yet. Anyway, lovely people like AmberianAnex have been blogging about it in the beta and the talents are now all over the web. Let's take a look at them shall we? Well you go over to MMO Champ and take a look and I'll wait here. Hurry back now!

Blood ....
Now the tanking tree of choice! Well kinda. Cos you got no choice. WTF I hear you cry?! Yes that's right in case you didn't know, Blizz have binned off the Great Death Knight Three Tree Tanking experiment. AND! Holy Smoke Batman, but there's no def rating any more! I know! I died in shock too. We are now all Drood Bears and get our defense from our talents. Bah! And I don't want to talk about blood worms. Yuk.

Unholy ....
Well we've lost bone shield. What next? Sticking our ghoul out there as a tameable hunter pet? Oh no wait, I know, give Army of the Undeath out to the Warlocks as a new minion. Will Unholy be the PvP tree of choice? I'm going to say yes. Woah! Look at that, no sitting on the fence for Deme today!

Frost ....
Hai Howling Blast as the top (ZOMGWTF?) talent. I see Frost languishing in the raids as a PvE DPS spec that never quite works out like you think it will. Hey! Maybe the Dual Wield thing will make it big, maybe they'll give us a Titan Grip equivalent.

Runic power. Well let's assume it works like rogue combat points. Fooking shite. If I'd wanted to play a damn squishy rogue I'd have rolled one Blizzard! Let's assume it works like a warriors rage. EVEN WORSE! C'mon man! Give me back my swirly coloured six runes.

Of course you must now spend 31 points in any tree to get the key abilities so where will you chuck the others? Arrh well wild speculation (look if you've not picked up by now that this is a silly speculation post you're not going to), let's say you're a tank. Then right now I have absolutely no idea what you want. And frankly, if you think anything is going to stay the way it is now, you're madder than a box of frogs.

I promise to post something more constructive. Maybe. Probably about 2 weeks before the launch when I eventually get on the beta. Damn you Blizz!

Suffer. You can't suffer well this post so you'll just have to make do with suffering.

Deme

*You must forgive me. I was on holiday last week and missed all the RealID blogging opportunities and I have lots to say on it. For another time though I feel. Anyway, it's left me feeling a bit bereft of topics. Stick with me though, I promise to make up for this lame effort.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Deme don't knock Frost DPS, i'm currently rocking a DW Frost DPS spec and the DPS is competitive to say the least. On fairly immobile fights such as Saurfang and Festergut i was in the region of 8-9k DPS which isnt bad considering its my offspec and nowhere near as geared as my tanking stuff. Instead of Strength i've stacked as much ArPen as i possibly could and when my trinks pop i get 1200+ ArPen rating which aint far of the 1400 cap.

    TL:DR Frost DPS kicks ass.

    /Suffer Well you Undead minx. Miaow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed all the stuff for blogging about REALID too since I was in Amsterdam.

    The smaller talent trees sound weird but not necessarily bad. I wish we had a chance to play with them in the beta but so far those and female worgen seem out of reach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Steven - Wasn't trying to knock it hon, I have NO clue how it plays so as stated, it's all just wild speculation XD

    @Anex - I'll be reading your post later and will no doubt link to it in a post soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean or face my army.