Pages

Wednesday 7 September 2011

The Free To Play Project - Deminii

Last night I had my first bash at earning Deminii the 10g needed to turn her XP off. I managed to go from 22s to 40s in an hour of fishing and mob slaying. This revealed a few problems though.


  • Killing mobs in Teldrassil still grants me XP and the nightsabers in Shadowglen are not skinnable. 
  • Fishing will only level to 75 in Darnassus/Rutheran 
  • The Fishing daily grants me a huge chunk of XP
  • There isn't a lot to skin in Teldrassil


Twitter and my Google Wave buddies came up with a few creative suggestions on how to get the gold -

  1. Ditch LW for herbalism or mining and go gathering
  2. Group up with a warlock and get them to summon you somewhere higher level to fish
  3. Swim to STV and fish
  4. Fish up rare fish in Outlands that vendor for 6g. 
Number 1 has a couple of problems,  I can't use the AH so anything I gather is only worth vendor value. To go mining I would need to go to Elwynn Forest for the best lowbie place and that means getting XP through exploration. BUT I should ditch LW and go for herbing anyway at this point because Teldrassil does have more flowers to pick. 

Number 2 - Warlocks only learn the summoning spell at level 42 and I can only group with people up to level 20. 

Number 3 - This is possible! Although I would imagine rather mind-numbing, but not quite so mind numbing as only ever fishing up crap in Darnassus. 

Number 4 - Also possible with a body-guard to kill all the mobs in the area that I will no doubt aggro the shit out of. 

So a couple of options. THEN ... the mighty Warcraft Experimenter Cynwise let me in on a little secret and mentioned that I shouldn't take all of the FTP rules as written in stone but test them out. Next time I can get on to  play Deminii I will poke one of my very good friends and we'll test a few of the limits. I'll keep you posted!  Thanks to all who made suggestions :) 

On the route to the big achievement target we rose from 10 points to 30 last night with a nice couple of 'WHOOOSHES' from 25 and 50 fish. I noted I panicked slightly thinking that the achievements would give me XP, which of course they didn't. Needless to say, I still love the 'WHOOSH'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean or face my army.